When you’ve put the grill away for the season, get away the sauté pan and do that recipe for roasted fish served with corn and fava bean salad.
Trying to find a strong technique to make fish a staple in your weight loss program? Halibut, a meaty but gentle fish, is the proper addition to your lineup of late-summer time and early-fall dinner choices. The halibut fishing season is coming to an in depth, which implies it’ll be accessible recent (and in higher high quality) in coming months.
But it surely doesn’t simply style good; halibut’s a nutrient-dense gas, too. The white fish is loaded with B nutritional vitamins in addition to omega-three fat, which might cut back irritation within the physique, amongst different well being advantages. When you’re seeking a brand new favourite late-summer time dish, roast halibut with a taste-packed combination of spices, corn, fava beans, and finely chopped pancetta to complement the candy taste of the fish.
- 4 halibut fillets (about 6 oz each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig tarragon
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pancetta
- 3 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 lb fava beans, shelled, blanched, and peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Prepare the fish: Rinse the halibut fillets under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towels. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large, oven-safe sauté pan over high heat. Add 1/4-cup olive oil and heat until it ripples slightly. Add the fish fillets to the pan, cut side down, and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn each fillet over and add the tarragon, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the pan. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the fish flakes when prodded with a fork, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fish from the sauté pan to a serving platter and place in a 200° oven.
- Prepare the corn and fava beans: Return the pan to the stovetop over medium-high heat and add 3 tbsp olive oil. Add the shallots and pancetta and sauté until the shallots are aromatic and the pancetta and shallots are slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and sauté for about 3 minutes until warmed through. Add the fava beans and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the corn and fava bean mixture on the platter with the fish.
- Over medium-high heat, add the broth to the pan and deglaze, using a wooden spoon to scrape the caramelized bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow the broth to simmer until reduced by half. Pour the sauce over the fish and vegetables and serve. Garnish with the chives.